Stop us if you’ve heard these before – but you probably haven’t. We’re going to go through a little hotel trivia. Let’s see what you know about famous hotels in the industry:
- The Bellagio hotel and casino in Las Vegas is named after a tiny town in Italy near Lake Como – Okay, so maybe you know that, but here’s a crazy fact. The Bellagio hotel has 3,950 rooms. The population of Bellagio, Italy, is just 3,820.
- The Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in NYC is the hotel that came up with the idea for room service – If you already knew that, then here’s another wild fact: Waldorf Salad is actually named after the hotel. If you have never had it before, Waldorf Salad is a blend of apples, walnuts, celery, and mayo.
- The Hotel Martinez Cannes by Hyatt has a team of trained hawks – What are they there for? You can’t have seagulls bother A-list guests at a 5-star hotel in Cannes. The hawks ensure that the seagulls stay away from their esteemed guests.
- The world’s highest library in a building is located inside a hotel – Which one, you ask? It’s the JW Marriot in Shanghai. The hotel is on the 60th floor, and that’s a Guinness world record!
- The world’s most expensive hotel in 2021 was under the sea – That’s right, for somewhere between $150,000 and $300,000, you can enjoy a stay in a luxury submarine hotel called Lover’s Deep.
Give Your Hotel Customers a Taste of the Good Life
We hope you enjoyed these stunning hotel facts and maybe even learned a few things. Now, it’s time for business. At your hotel, you want to treat guests right, so they enjoy the experience and return. A1 American can help with our hospitality supply product line. Give us a call at 833.205.2200 to order or get informed about all your product needs and essentials. Also, don’t forget to ask about our essential care products.